Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Handmade's Secret Weapon... LOVE

Everthing ETSY just released a new article on how handmade goods are making a great comeback. I am so happy to hear this.  My favorite part of the article is when it reads "Handmade is Fueled by Love".  That is so true when it comes to my handmade crafts.  When I see my finished product, I just smile; handmade makes me happy and I love each and every one of my creations.

While I have your attention, let me tell you what doesn't make me happy. What doesn't make me happy is when I am a vendor at a craft fair and the person besides me are selling commodities from China left & right and my handmade goods are being overlooked.  Next time you are at a craft fair, give some love to those vendors who's products are actually "fueled by love" and not flown over seas. 

Below is the article from Everything Etsy. 

Who Else Wants to See Handmade Go Off The Charts?
by Everything Etsy

If you’re selling on Etsy or selling handmade anywhere else, you, my friend, are in a great spot!
Handmade is growing so fast it’s hardly measurable. Etsy is just one example of the trend but it is a great example! See below:
Image
It’s no surprise that Etsy traffic ramps up before the holiday shopping season, but take a look at both the sheer volume of people and the year-over-year growth shown on the left side of the graphic (from compete.com).

26% Yearly Growth! – This for a website that is already almost one of the 100 busiest sites on the whole Internet!

Love: Handmade’s Secret Weapon
The reason this is happening is so simple and you’re going to think I’m a little crazy when you read it.
Handmade is Fueled by Love. Love is the secret ingredient of the handmade marketplace that no mass production item anywhere can compete with.
A handmade item is created with love. It is often purchased as a gift out of love. And it is cherished and loved unlike anything off the shelves at a big-box store.

Are You Selling On Etsy?
If so, keep at it! Consider it a real opportunity. If not, why not?
Check out our Resources Page for tools I use to work online riding the wave of Handmade awesome-loving-perfection-ness!

Raise your hand if you love handmade! :)
~Kim

(I'm raising my hand)

No comments:

Post a Comment